At this time next year, what content do you want to create, and where will it be published? With an Editorial Calendar, you don’t have to wonder what’s next – you just have to follow your plan, and get to work.
How to Develop an Editorial Calendar
To create an Editorial Calendar for your content production, you really just need to answer the basic questions:
- Who is going to be reading this content? (Start with making Customer Avatars if you can, it’s incredibly effective)
- What are you going to say? (Do you know, in broad strokes, what messages to focus on every quarter, every month, and every week?)
- Where do you publish and re-publish? (After a new blog post goes up, where does it go, and how often?)
- When does content get published? How often do all of your social media profiles post new and repurposed content?
- Why should anyone care? Is your content making an impact on your audience or your business?
- How do we automate all of this?
By laying out a clear Editorial Calendar, you can focus your time on producing content, and handle the promotion through your system.
A solid editorial calendar has the following benefits:
- Reduce content production time, because you have deadlines and agendas mapping out what to produce next
- Eliminate time fumbling around on social media, because you have a detailed, step-by-step plan to follow
- Allows you to focus on the ideas fuelling your marketing instead of the mechanics of getting it done
- Amplify the reach of your content without increasing your promotion time
Editorial Calendar Components
When your Editorial Calendar is complete, you will have clearly defined:
- Quarterly launch cycles
- Monthly promotions
- Weekly content repurposing plan
- Daily social media posts
- Regular content production time in your calendar
You can re-use the content you’ve already produced to populate your Editorial Calendar, and leave space for the content assets you want to create this year.
Stellar Platforms director Caelan Huntress has made dozens of editorial calendars for multiple clients over the past 10 years.
What is Caelan Like?
“Caelan has a great way of taking your vision and making it a reality. He works really well with visionaries – I speak it, and he makes it happen! His website design for The Aware Show really captured my personality, and his project management skills kept my entire team on track. The beautiful summits he put together helped us to grow our list and expand our audience. Caelan is always positive and keeps a positive outlook on life!”
– Lisa Garr, host of The Aware Show
“Caelan is a talented digital marketer who is always in beast mode – always zoned in, every pixel, every letter, every plugin, every line. He will help you discover the online success you’ve been hunting for.”
– Andy Horner, CEO of Outstand
“Not only was Caelan highly proficient in his professional skills, but he was also amazing to work with. His positive attitude helped make the project run smoothly and on time. I was impressed by the way he projected integrity in everything he did.”
– James Twyman, NYT Bestselling Author
Companies with a good editorial calendar are able to spend their time and creativity on producing the content they’ve planned in advance. Develop a clear editorial calendar with a professional digital marketer, and you will reap the benefits for years to come.
To Get Started
1. Schedule a consultation with Caelan to discuss logistics and ask questions
2. After your complimentary digital strategy session, you can make payment on this page by clicking the button below.
Prices are in USD, and no sales tax or GST is required.