Marketing Yourself Bonus
Customer Cycle Trello Board
- Step 1: Make a copy of the Customer Cycle Trello Board
- Step 2: Read the instructions in the first card
- Step 3: Add a card for every person in your pipeline
- Step 4: Modify the qualifications in the checklist on each card
Seek Out Existing Audiences
- Make a copy of the Friendly Audience Spreadsheet
- List existing audiences where you would be welcome.
- Drag and drop the rows to organize them.
- Insert new rows as needed.
- Collect information on each community.
- Decide on something generous and valuable you can offer.
- Plan 3 dates or actions for contacting each of the leaders.
- Set a goal for the number of peripheral audiences you want to access this year.
Research Competition For Shortcuts to Success
- Make a copy of the Competition Research Workbook
- Watch the Masterclass at https://caelanhuntress.com/masterclass/competition (linked in the bonus section)
- List your Direct, Secondary, and Indirect competitors
- Copy/paste their headlines and offers into your workbook
- Look up ‘Steal Like An Artist’ by Austin Kleon if you feel uncomfortable
- Find new competitors using the tools in the workbook
- Make a list of lessons learned and future projects
The Buying Trigger of the Customer Avatar
- Make a copy of the Customer Avatar Workbook
- Create 3-4 avatars with names and job titles
- Make 1-2 avatars based on some of your best customers in the past
- Make 1-2 avatars based on customers you would like to have
- Review your avatars with a competitor
- Add a photo headshot to each
- Print each avatar and paste them to your wall
- Edit and update the avatars every quarter
Personal Brand vs. Business Brand
- Make a copy of the Personal Branding Checklist
- For every item in the Beginner list you have complete, award yourself 1 point
- For every item in the Intermediate list you have complete, award yourself 2 points
- For every item in the Advanced list you have complete, award yourself 3 points
- Share your Personal Branding Score on social media with the hashtag #MarketingYourselfBook
- Identify which outstanding items you want to accomplish this week, this month, and this year
- Schedule time in your calendar to accomplish those things
Use Storytelling and Statistics to Illustrate Results
- Make a copy of the Case Study Workbook
- Replace the headings with the names of your best clients
- Write a paragraph for the Problem, Aim, Obstacle, and Solution
- If they have given you testimonials already, paste them here
- Google their name to find a headshot image
- Paste a link to the headshot image
- Edit the content so the paragraphs have a narrative flow
- Add them to your website on a Case Studies page
Your Website Is A Simple Sales Funnel
- Make a copy of the Sales Funnel Workbook
- Place a check mark next to every item that is complete
- Paste the URL for every item that is complete
- Work through the worksheets for each stage
- As you develop new assets for your sales funnel, paste their URLs on the visual dashboard in this document
- Complete the entire sales funnel
- Share a link to your opt-in page with #MarketingYourselfBook
- Surf through that hashtag and opt-in to the funnels of your peers
Solve a Small Problem with a Lead Magnet
- Make a copy of the Lead Magnet Template
- Replace content in CAPS
- Add content in every section
- Edit for flow and cadence
- Have a graphic designer add images and styling
- Export to PDF
- Add to thank-you page after successful email subscription
Automating Authenticity with Email Marketing
- Make a copy of the Stellar Email Template
- Replace all content in CAPS
- Edit content to match your style and your voice
- Modify the Sending Time as you like
- Ask a writer friend to review your Workbook
- Make final content edits
- Transfer content to your Email Service Provider
- Schedule email automation
- Subscribe to your own list and monitor how it looks in your own inbox
- Review and edit every 3 months
List Building Statistics For Success
- Make a copy of the Traffic Conversion Calculator
- Replace numbers in yellow cells with previous month’s metrics
- Replace TITLE cells with the names of your Sales Pages and Lead Magnets
- Open this spreadsheet every month and update with new numbers
- After tracking 3 months, set goals for the next quarter
- Duplicate the sheet and track for next quarter
Plan a publishing schedule that matches your goals
- Make a copy of the Content Calendar Workbook
- Watch the Masterclass at https://caelanhuntress.com/masterclass/calendar
- Add items to the lists in the workbooks
- Copy/paste list items into content formulas
- Edit content for voice and flow
- Plan daily, weekly, and monthly content publishing schedules
- Distribute content into planned posts using an autoposting tool or an assistant
Test Your Own Purchase Process
- Make a copy of the Purchase Audit Workbook
- Paste the URL for your purchase page
- Add a screenshot of the page to your workbook
- Make a purchase, documenting with screenshots and URLs in your workbook
- Review your email inbox, add screenshots and copy/pastes to your workbook
- Review the entire process, start to finish
- Turn on Suggesting mode
- Edit the purchase process as you like in your workbook, and Google Docs will highlight the changes
- Once all edits are complete, implement the changes in your technical infrastructure
Selling Is Pushing, Marketing Is Pulling
- Make a copy of the Belcher Formula Workbook
- Write a sentence or a paragraph under each heading
- Notice how everything from 1-12 is marketing, and 13-21 is sales
- Use the language from 1-12 in your marketing materials
- If you find any topics from 13-21 in your marketing, consider removing them until after your prospect has made a voluntary action to request information
- Make sure that after they take that action, all of the information in 13-21 is available for their review
How to Sell With Free Consultations
- Make a copy of the Free Consultation Worksheet
- Read all the questions out loud. Rewrite any questions that would sound more natural to you if they were worded differently.
- Role-play a free consultation with a friendly colleague, and ask them for feedback on the conversation.
- Schedule a conversation with a live prospect for a free consultation, and record the call.
- Review the recording, making notes on how you can improve your consultation.
Create an intake form using Google Forms, Typeform, or Survey Monkey.
- List questions that help you come to the conversation prepared with ideas. (You can see my intake form at https://stellarplatforms.com/consultation.)
- Automate delivery of form submissions to your email inbox, and test the form yourself to make sure the emails arrive (to you and to the prospective customer) the way you would like.
- Set up a scheduling tool. Calendly, Schedule Once, and Acuity allow someone to select an appointment from the available times on your calendar. You can have as many or as few open slots as you choose.
- Automate the delivery of your scheduling link. After someone submits an intake form, they should automatically receive a link to schedule an appointment with you. It’s best if the scheduling system sends reminder emails too, so all you have to do is show up.
- Write your pitch. What is the specific wording you will use to offer a free consultation? Work on this paragraph until it’s seamless, so you can recite it or paste it with minimal effort.
Stack Your Offers In a Value Ladder To Sell In Sequence
- Make a copy of the Value Ladder Workbook
- List everything you offer, free and paid, cheap and expensive, now and in the future.
- Divide these offers into the different sections of the workbook.
- Arrange each list in an order that makes sense – most effective, most potential, most complete, or in order of production.
- Identify a progression from Free to High Priced, where one Customer Avatar would start with a Free offer and work their way up, step by step, to the High Priced offer.
Sell to the heart before the head
- Make a copy of the CTA Workbook
- Plan to use one copy of the Workbook for each offer. For different offers, use different copies.
- Write answers to all the warm-up exercises.
- Use these answers in the fill-in-the-blank Formulas.
- Copy winning phrases and sentences, and paste them in the Copy Swipe section.
Time your closing questions
- Make a copy of the Selling Questions Workbook
- Read these questions out loud until asking feels easy and natural
- Reword anything to match your voice and style
- Role-play a sales conversation with a trusted colleague
- Print these questions
- Refer to them during a live sales conversation
- Edit your workbook as you find what works well for you
Custom Sales Proposal Templates
- Make a copy of the Sales Proposal Template
- Replace words in CAPS
- Schedule an intake conversation with a new client
- Ask questions whose answers will be used in this proposal
- Ask questions like, ‘What else can we do here? Why is this important to you?’
- Proofread the entire proposal to the letter
- Add the logo of your future client
- Export to PDF or load into email delivery system
- Send yourself a test copy and open before sending to the client
Your Personal Statement
- Make a copy of the Anchor Brand Content Workbook
- Use the opening exercises to write about you, about them, and about your solution.
- Create evergreen CTAs for your Spotlight Offer and your signature Lead Magnet.
- Craft your Commercial Questions. Post these to your wall, so you can refer to these questions in conversations that you want to turn commercial.
- Make a copy of the Mission Messaging Workbook
- Set yourself up in a calm and focused environment
- Answer the introspective questions
- Write a paragraph you can use as your mission statement
- Read the paragraph aloud
- Edit and update as you do
Let your customers write your headlines
- Make a copy of the Testimonial Interview Workbook
- Set a goal for the number of testimonials you want to collect.
- Decide on the questions you will ask in the interview. You can copy/paste the questions from the workbook, or revise them how you like.
- Make a list of everyone you can interview.
- Interview your biggest advocate first, to role-play the conversation. Practice rewriting their responses into a testimonial.
- Schedule interviews with people on your list.
- Record the calls. Write your own testimonials. Send them via email for review and approval.
- Send them a link like https://www.linkedin.com/in/YOURHANDLEHERE/detail/recommendation/write/ and ask them to copy/paste the testimonial onto your LinkedIn profile.
- Add the testimonial to a Testimonials page on your website.
- Anytime you need a testimonial for a piece of marketing collateral, go copy and paste from your archive.
Interviewing Customers to Collect Testimonials
- Make a copy of the Simple Survey Worksheet
- Edit the Introduction paragraph so it sound like you, in your voice
- Edit the questions to match what you want to ask in your survey
- Create a survey form
- Test the form
- Make a list of 2-3 dozen people to ask to take your survey
- Copy/paste your Introduction paragraph to them in individual messages
- Add a survey request to your Email Onboarding Sequence
- Review responses every 1-3 months
Sell to Small Groups of Qualified Prospects
- Make a copy of the Busking Out Workbook
- Replace the word IDEAS with an idea, hit enter
- Write 4-16 more ideas
- Put your best idea in bold for each question
- Schedule your busk out in your calendar
- Make a list of people to invite and invite them
- Rehearse and perform and enjoy yourself
- Collect contact information with a survey or form
- Follow up with attendees one-on-one
Make Your Marketing An Adventure
- Make a copy of the Customer Journey Workbook
- Watch the masterclass at https://caelanhuntress.com/masterclass/journey
- Answer 4 questions in the workbook for each of the 12 stages of the Customer Journey
- Identify the active choices the customer makes to progress out of each stage of the journey and into the next
- Make a list of potential edits to your website
- Implement those changes
Marketing Yourself is a Series of Failed Experiments
- Make a copy of the Marketing Metrics Dashboard
- Add a row for any particular metric you want to track
- Collect data on the first of every month and add to the dashboard
- Review the data every month with someone who can provide strategic advice
- Set goals for your future numbers
- Identify the activities it will take to achieve those goals
- Schedule a date and time to do those activities